|CAS No.:9005-38-3||Other Names:algin||MF:C6H7NaO6|
|EINECS No.:********||FEMA No.:**********||Type:Emulsifiers, Stabilizers, Thickeners|
sodium alginate to make the gel-like food , jelly ,candy.
Sodium Alginate’s form is a flavorless gum that is used as an emulsifier or to increase viscosity in the food industry. It can also be use in preparing dental impressions or in indigestion tablets. Some of its major applications is in textile screen-printing, carpet jet-printing, reactive dye-printing and as thickener for reactive dyes. When it comes to food additives, sodium alginate is best used in producing gel-like foods.
II. Food IndustryA. Stabilizer-when used as a stabilizer in ice cream, sodium alginate can avoid forming of ice crystals and will make the product tastier.B. Thickener and Emulsion-can raise stabilization and decrease liquid when used in cold dishes, sweet pastry and canned products.
C. Hydration- can make noodle, vermicelli or ice powder have strong cohesiveness, pulling , bending and reduce breaking, specially suitable in the less gluten content of wheat flour.
D. Coacervation-can be used to keep gel-like products in a fine state. Can also be used as covering for fruit, meat and seaweed products to keep air out and longer storage.
Sodium Alginate is an interesting ingredient in a majority of food products that the urban world is consuming. It is a compound comprised of alginate and sodium derivative. However, not many would have expected it to come from typical seaweed. or brown seaweeds are where alginates can be extracted from. The extract undergoes a complex process and eventually becomes the ingredient that the food industry is so familiar with. When it is extracted from brown algae, it then becomes purified carbohydrate and results into a thick substance.The Many Uses of Sodium Alginate in Food
What is responsible for its many uses are its special properties
particularly its ability to thicken easily and become viscous quickly once it is dissolved in cold or hot water. Another beneficial property is that it forms into a gel once in contact with calcium. In contrast with agar-agar gel, sodium alginate can thicken even when dissolved with a cold solution.Sodium alginate is popularly used as an additive in popular foods like ice cream and caviar. It is used as a flavor and taste enhancer.It is also a common ingredient used for increasing the thickness of gravy and tapioca.Processed foods too have a high percentage of sodium alginate. Its thickening properties are so essential in the cooking industry especially in syrups, sauces, and some milk products. Apart from its thickening properties, sodium alginate is also used as n effective anti-settling or stabilizer for milkshakes and ice creams As an ice cream stabilizer, it is known to replace ingredients such as carrageenan and starch.What makes it useful in ice cream making is that it can prevent ice crystals and make the product tastier. It also helps in emulsifying and stabilizing a variety of salad dressing, tomato ketchup, canned products, and pudding jam.
When used in dairy products such as all purpose cream, dry cheese, and refined cheese, it prevents the finished product from sticking to the product.Furthermore, it can be used for creative cuisine applications.
Medium viscosity 150-400
High viscosity >400
Medium viscosity 150-400
High viscosity >400
Milky white or light yellow granule or powder
White to light yellow or light brown yellow
Send your message to this supplier
- Shandong Jiejing Group Corporation
What is this?This feature is Quick question function, select the corresponding question types, automatically enter the corresponding problem, remove your trouble of typing
Sodium Alginate ,potassium alginate ,propylene glycol alginate PGA ,fucoidan ,alginate oligosaccharides
Domestic Market , South Asia , Southern Europe , Northern Europe , Western Europe , Eastern Asia , Mid East , Oceania , Africa , Southeast Asia , Eastern Europe , South America , North America
You May Also Like
- xanthan gum price USD $1.8 - $2.5 / Metric Ton
- Hot Sale Butter Flavor for candy USD $7 - $20 / Kilogram
- Ammonium Bicarbonate USD $175 - $215 / Metric Ton
- shanghai folic acid 59-30-3 USD $496 - $503 / Kilogram
- PSG Potassium Sorbate, Granular Potassium Sorbate USD $2.5 - $3 / Kilogram
- Soy protein isolate SSPRO-90E USD $2,790 - $3,000 / Ton
- China's potassium cinnamate 99% 16089-48-8 USD $1 - $999 / Kilogram
- High quality textured soy protein 50%/70% USD $2,200 - $2,600 / Ton
- 149-32-6 Negotiable
- Brix 83% maltose syrup USD $480 - $530 / Twenty-Foot Container
- 2016 new products containing glutathione fish collagen, marine collagen powder in malaysia sale USD $6 - $9 / Bag
- Fungal alpha Amylase FAA20 USD $20 - $30 / Kilogram
- food grade sodium erythorbate powder fcc iv cas no:6381-77-7 USD $2.5 - $2.8 / Kilogram
- soy protein isolate as the raw materials for Textured soy protein with higher gelling Negotiable
- Soy protein beverage type Negotiable
- high pure stevia rebaudioside a 97% USD $30 - $70 / Kilogram