|CAS No.:9002-18-0||Other Names:Agar-agar,gelose,agar gum,ZX YT agar||MF:(C12H18O9)n|
|EINECS No.:232-658-1||Type:Emulsifiers, Stabilizers, Thickeners|
How to Use Agar Agar?
Agar Agar is widely available in health food stores, good quality supermarkets that carry health food lines, Asian grocery stores and online.
it can be purchased in powdered form, flakes, threads or bars.
2.Understand the differences between agar agar and gelatin.
Agar agar has several advantages over the traditional gelatin, namely:
- It is derived from a plant source rather than an animal source, meaning that it is suitable for vegetarian and vegan diets, and also for diets with restrictions for moral, ethical, and religious reasons
- It has no taste, no odour and no colour
- It sets more firmly than gelatin
- Agar agar is able to set at room temperature; it also stays in jelly form even as the temperature heats up
- Agar agar gives a sensation of feeling full, which can aid dieting
- It is used as a digestive aid by some people, to ease stomach upsets
3.Use agar agar for your cooking needs.
Here is how to use it:
- Dissolve 1 tablespoon of agar agar in 4 tablespoons of hot water; this may need up to 10 minutes
- Bring it to the boil
- Simmer for one to five minutes for powder and 10 - 15 minutes for flakes
- Mix well with warmed ingredients
- Put aside to set. As the ingredients cool, the agar agar will set.
4.Note that the same amount of powdered agar agar can be substituted for powdered gelatin in a recipe.
One teaspoon of agar agar powder is one tablespoon of flakes.
- Add more liquid if agar agar firms too much. It can be reheated if needed.
- It is known as E406 if you're reading food labels.
- Setting point is around 50ºC, making it very important to work with agar agar when it is over this temperature.
- Be careful not to introduce anything cold until you are ready for it to set, as it will set instantly.
- It is rich in iodine and trace minerals.
- Things You'll Need
- Agar agar powder or threads
- Boiling water
- Recipe needing setting
Send your message to this supplier
- Henan Boom Gelatin Co., Ltd.
What is this?This feature is Quick question function, select the corresponding question types, automatically enter the corresponding problem, remove your trouble of typing
gelatin ,agar agar
South Asia , South America , Central America , Mid East , Southeast Asia , North America
You May Also Like
- NON-GMO soya lecitin best sale USD $750 - $1,100 / Ton
- Disodium 5-Ribonucleotide I+G Negotiable
- Sugar substitute sweetener Sorbitol USD $950 - $1,100 / Ton
- high quality sodium saccharine USD $3 - $8 / Ton
- glycine food grade/pharmaceutical grade(aminoacetic acid) usp/ep/aji/fcc/e640 cas 56-40-6(kosher/mui halal) USD $1.9 - $2 / Kilogram
- Pea protein USD $10 - $20 / Kilogram
- L-Valine 99.5% Negotiable
- 200 bloom gelatine USD $1,000 - $6,000 / Metric Ton
- D(+)-Trehalose dihydrate USD $1,600 - $2,000 / Metric Ton
- ISO API standard Biopolymer xanthan gum USD $1,500 - $1,800 / Tonne
- Natural direct Food Grade Preservatives in Gargle USD $10 - $250 / Kilogram
- High Quality Food Grade Sodium Acetate USD $1,010 - $1,110 / Metric Ton
- calcium propionate 98% USD $1,450 - $1,550 / Metric Ton
- Sodium Copper Chlorophyll/ Pigment Chlorophyll/ Chlorophyll in Copper Complex Negotiable
- hot selling zinc lactate nutrition enhancer USD $1 - $10 / Kilogram
- glycine Food grade (cas 56-40-6) Negotiable